Monday, December 22, 2008

SNOW!!!!!!!!!!









I think I'm getting sick of the snow. Not so much the snow I guess, but the cabin fever that associates itself with the snow and being stuck on a hill that is packed in ice and NO WAY OUT. I guess I could walk, but where would I walk too? The town is pretty much shut down too. I thought about walking out to catch the bus to Olytown, so I could finish my Christmas shopping, but that idea got sunk along with my good mood!



I'm getting kind of down and out because my shopping isn't done, but then I try to remind myself, that the Holidays aren't about presents, and that's what I've been trying so desperately to teach my kids this Christmas, but I'm THE ONE who wants to buy them the presents! I guess it wouldn't be so bad, if other people weren't so caught up in how much they are spending, or not spending!! We've had a great time in the snow, being snowed in, sledding down our hill in to the neighbors yard,














sipping Hot Cocoa, power outages, Monopoly games, baking cookies, taking walks, playing video games, and watching Christmas movies. So we really are making memories, but I want OUT!!





The Trees that were smoking and sparking over the power lines this morning. It took out our power.































EVEN THE PUD TRUCK GOT STUCK!

I think I'm going a little bit crazy. I've run out of things to do/play.. and then my mind starts wandering. I've been watching my oldest who is very disappointed because she missed her Fiesta at school, and now she's missed her Christmas parties with her other half of the family because of the snow and ice, and missing her dad. She's fine until she talks to him, and then she realizes she's unhappy about it. I try to remind her that she's lucky to have family around her right now, ( I KNOW, I should take my own advice).. and I tell her that I know how she feels. I remember many holidays/birthdays that I didn't get to spend with my dad. Mostly because he was selfish...which is kind of the same scenario for Ashley. I remind her how lucky she is that her dad calls her, and WANTS to spend time with her (even if it is for his own selfish reasons).. my dad didn't even bother. I remember when he didn't call, write, or even send a birthday card. So I KNOW how she feels.. but I know it still hurts. So I've been trying desperately to keep all 5 kids occupied. To keep their little minds busy..and it keeps my mind distracted for the most part.. I just don't know. I love this snow, but I HATE being trapped here. I feel like I'm in a cage, and I don't like that feeling. I don't like knowing that I can't go anywhere.. although, it is warming up, and there might be a chance that my driveway will melt long enough for me to get out.. fat chance, but it's my only Christmas Wish...


My Driveway.

0 comments: