Friday, November 28, 2008

I chose to live, not just exist.

People are afraid of themselves, of their own reality; their feelings most of all. People talk about how great love is, but that's bullshit. Love hurts. Feelings are disturbing. People are taught that pain is evil and dangerous. How can they deal with love if they're afraid to feel? Pain is meant to wake us up. People try to hide their pain. But they're wrong. Pain is something to carry, like a radio. You feel your strength in the experience of pain. It's all in how you carry it. That's what matters. Pain is a feeling. Your feelings are a part of you. Your own reality. If you feel ashamed of them, and hide them, you're letting society destroy your reality. You should stand up for your right to feel your pain."

Jim Morrison

2 comments:

Natalie said...

Wow! You're full of really great, deep, thought provoking posts lately! So, how was the bazaar @ Saint Martin's? My little brother is starting there in the fall and he says when he went on the tour he was amazed at the beauty of the campus and how cool the monks were & stuff. Made me want to go check it out.

McCleary Mama said...

Well, I've got a lot going on in my head, just haven't had time to sit down and let it all out!

The bazaar was awesome, and I'm already looking forward to going next year. I was really bummed that I forgot to take my camera and get some ideas for next years homemade gifts! I had never actually been on the campus, and it IS beautiful!!