Saturday, August 9, 2008

The Silence.

I sit here by myself, realizing, I'm not alone, but I am. He's gone for the night. Only one night, but it already feels like it's been an eternity. I almost forgot to lock the door, actually, even close it. I had it open for the cool summer breeze, and went about cleaning up after the kids were in bed. And then I realized it was still open. he ALWAYS closes the door. He locks it up tight, to keep the unknowns out. He locks the cars, makes sure everything is shut up tight for the night. That's not my job. That's just what he does. And I've taken it for granted. The nights we sit here, together, but doing our own thing in silence, is comfort. Knowing he is across the room playing a video game, or fixing something, or even just getting ready for work. It's comfortable. And I'm UNCOMFORTABLE without him here with me tonight. I'm lonely... I didn't realize how much he completes me, even after him only being gone for 12 hours. I am here all day everyday with the kids by myself, but he comes home, and he comforts me in my sleep. If I fall asleep on the couch, he'll crash on the floor next to me, just to be there.. I didn't realize how much I love that. Until tonight, he's sleeping on a mountain top without me, and I'm here, with our family, minus daddy, left to make sure the doors are locked up tight, and everybody is safe. It's wierd. The silence of silence. I've got to remember to tell him just how much I love him. I need him, and he completes me. I am not whole without him by my side. For an hour, for a day.. for any time he is away. It's strange how the silence makes you think of things you sometimes forget or take for granted. This silence tonight is killing me. I can only imagine of him, laying on a mountain top, listening to the breeze, and the calming silence of nature, wishing I was there with him. That is what will get me through....The silence..


0 comments: